Wildlife on Velour

I haven't kept up with my blog posts ever since I became more active on Instagram because that's a platform that engages a lot more people for art. So I decided to consolidate a few posts, just as a record. Do follow me there if you want to see daily art updates.

I have grown to love Velour paper, especially for animal portraits. I find that I can't achieve the same dreamy softness with any other paper, including Pastelmat. 

This was a tiger I painted on black Velour on 18 May. I just woke up that morning with an inexplicable urge to paint a tiger, and so I did.

And then the following week, I drew the Three Little Pigs just because the reference photo was so darn sweet.

I created a story to go with it: The three little pigs. Ham is dreaming of apples. Sausage is dreaming of truffles. Bacon is dreaming of running off to Hollywood to audition for Babe, because one should always dream pig.


Comments