Sole Mates series

I completed my series on shoes, this being the lastest drawing. It's of my daughter's sneakers and onigiri socks. They're sensible, smart and sassy, just like her ♥. Pastel pencils on Clairefontaine Paint On paper.

Sole Mates V

Here are the other drawings in the series:


Sole Mates IV

This next one is deeply personal. My son is currently undergoing his two years of compulsory National Service and these are the boots he wears. The khaki beret is for the Guards vocation (equivalent to the US Marines), which he will earn when he completes his vocation training.

It's literally blood, sweat and tears, and I'm so proud of his grit. He's serving the nation so I'm honouring his service.

 

Sole Mates III

This next one I wanted to draw ballet shoes but I didn't want the typical shiny glam look. I wanted to show the dirt and grit behind this gruelling art form. The photo reference is in black and white, but I added the colour in coloured pencils.

 

Sole Mates II

Sole Mates I



Comments