My first awards in an art competition!


Received the crazy news today that two of my paintings won Special Merit Awards in the 11th Annual Animals Art Competition, organised by Light Space Time Art Gallery. The competition attracted 895 entries from 29 countries...I submitted 5.

This is one of those moments where I wonder if I'm living in a parallel universe. It feels so unreal, especially since I've only been painting for a year. This was my first entry in a juried competition.

The paintings selected for the exhibition are the giraffe and owl (swipe to see), both of which were sold to raise funds for charity. 

"Here's looking at you, kid."


Immensely grateful to all who encouraged and supported me throughout this art journey, even before it looked like it was going anywhere 🙏🙏


Comments