Review: Strathmore 400 Series Drawing Paper

This was one of the earlier drawing pads I bought during the Circuit Breaker. During this period, I was quite clueless about paper so everything was a trial and error. I must say I got lucky with this buy because it turned out to be one of the best drawing paper I've used to date.

It's an ivory shade which I find gives drawings a very nice tint. It has slight texture that doesn't get in the way of drawing - I can draw sharp lines without problem - but enough to make drawings look that bit more interesting. It's only 130gsm which is thinner than some of the other paper I've tried, but it holds up pretty well. 

I've used this with markers:


As well as with coloured pencil:

I can't explain it, but drawing on this paper is so enjoyable. I wouldn't use water or solvents on it though, the light weight can't take it.

This is very good paper for its price. I ordered it from Amazon and at that time, I only paid about S$8.50 for a 8x10 inch pad of 24 sheets, which I thought was great value. I've since discovered a local store, Overjoyed, that carries it, at an even better price! You're welcome.

 


Comments