Art for Charity Lot 1

My serendipitous return to art is, funnily enough, thanks to COVID-19. I’m sure it would never have happened otherwise, because I wouldn’t have had the time to think about it. As much as it has been fun and gratifying to see the responses to my art, I felt that to continue just amassing drawings was a little self-indulgent. Not that drawing for yourself is wrong, but I had this urge to do something more with it, if I could.

During this pandemic, people have stepped up. Some serve on the frontline, some volunteer their services, others give blood, etc. I’ve done none of these. All I’ve done is donate to charities but that felt inadequate. Then I had this idea: what if I were to sell my art for charity? That would raise more funds than what I can give as an individual.

So over a month, from mid-June to mid-July, I decided to put up lots of 5-6 drawings each time on Facebook, each with a minimum donation sum listed in the description. All proceeds went to one of 4 charities, of the buyer's choice:

1) TWC2
2) HealthServe
3) Willing Hearts
4) YWAM


This was Lot 1:

Peranakan shophouses

Covid hoarder pack

Shakespeare and Company, Paris

Scarves

Stratford-upon-Avon

Four of these drawings were sold.




Comments